Best North Motorbike Tours In 8 Days
Best North Motorbike Tours In 8 Days Short drive from Na Khan to Ba Be on bumpy road. Lunch at our captain’s house (Mr. Dang, we call him Zi Dang). Easy boating on the lake and river. Go to market (if it is the day you arrive). Stop at waterfall, beautiful swim etc. Ong pirate, the chief of Dau Dang waterfall where we enjoy dinner. Down the waterfall, we could visit the village and a small school (only few pupils during the summer). We propose to stay in the stilt house of forest guards.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Medium Group
Best North Motorbike Tours In 8 Days
Short drive from Na Khan to Ba Be on bumpy road. Lunch at our captain’s house (Mr. Dang, we call him Zi Dang). Easy boating on the lake and river. Go to market (if it is the day you arrive). Stop at waterfall, beautiful swim etc. Ong pirate, the chief of Dau Dang waterfall where we enjoy dinner. Down the waterfall, we could visit the village and a small school (only few pupils during the summer). We propose to stay in the stilt house of forest guards
Our trip cost usually includes the following services. Please bear in mind JET Travel is specialized in tailor-made trips. Trip cost vary depending on group size and other details.
Quality Japanese Honda Motorcycles with spare things ( Honda XR 150cc or Honda CRF250L ) CRF250L cost extra;
Tour guide/Translator/Mechanic (He’s three in one!);
Standard hotel (double, twins or triple shared room) and/or homestay (sleeping bags, mosquito nets, sheets, pillows etc. are provided);
Third party motorbike insurance;
All food (Vietnamese food, Western food costs extra);
All entrance fees, permits, tickets, boat trips, ferries, bamboo rafts, etc;
Helmets/Gloves and Bright reflecting Jackets
Hotel pick up
Personal expenses, personal medical insurance;
Single room supplement if you request a single room;
Motorbiking protective pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, rain gear and other safety equipment at favourable rental rate;
Bike shipping and tour guide’s travel back to Hanoi (for Ho Chi Minh trail/road trips or tours that don’t end in Hanoi);
Train or flight tickets before and after your tour;
Breakfast on the departure day and dinner on the return day;
Accommodation and food in Hanoi;
+ Single stay will cost 20 USD extra/ day
+ We provide support vehicle and driver with extra price of 150 USD/day/ truck upon request!
+ Ho Chi Minh trail motorbike tours will cost more. Please CONTACT US for more details.
+ If tours are not depart/ end in Hanoi then surcharge for bike shipping to/ back: 120 USD/ bike.
Best North Motorbike Tours
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tours – Vu Linh. ~180 km, ~8 h.
Drive to Vu Linh in 8 hours. The road is easy and mostly sealed. We are welcome in the house of our Dao friends. The welcome is exceptional.
Day 2: Vu Linh Motorbike Tours – Na Khan. ~210 km, ~10 h.
You ride from Vu Linh to Na Khan through Thai Nguyen (over 200 km). The road is sealed all the way until Bac Kan and the last part from Bac Kan to Na Khan is wild and little bumpy. Na Khan is a Tay village, lost in the middle of the primitive forest. Mr. Lo, chief of the village will welcome us in his house.
Day 3: Na Khan Motorbike Tours – Ba Be. ~50 km, ~2 h.
Short drive from Na Khan to Ba Be on bumpy road. Lunch at our captain’s house (Mr. Dang, we call him Zi Dang). Easy boating on the lake and river. Go to market (if it is the day you arrive). Stop at waterfall, beautiful swim etc. Ong pirate, the chief of Dau Dang waterfall where we enjoy dinner. Down the waterfall, we could visit the village and a small school (only few pupils during the summer). We propose to stay in the stilt house of forest guards.
Day 4: Ba Be Motorbike Tours – Quang Hoa. ~170 km, ~8 h.
Cross Ba Be lake to come back to our captain’s house. Beautiful ride up to Cao Bang province. Few passes from where you can dominate the area. The road is easy but many curves. We can stop a lot. All together, stop for drinks and food it should be an 8-hour journey. Then ride 1 more hour to reach the beautiful village of Quang Hoa, in the middle of a mountain cirque. This is the territory of Nung An people. Spend the night in our friend’s house.
Day 5: Quang Hoa Motorbike Tours – Ban Gioc Motorbike Tours – Quang Hoa. ~100 km, ~2 h.
Having obtained permission from the border police, we make our way through spectacular scenery to Vietnam’s most impressive waterfalls. Weather permitting we can swim right up to where the 50 m high falls hit the river.
Day 6: Quang Hoa Motorbike Tours – Na Tau Motorbike Tours – Quang Hoa. ~30 km, ~1 h.
Na Tau is a completely unknown area that we propose to discover it by raft and motorbike. Rivers and waterfalls everywhere are extremely beautiful and wild. It is only 15 km from Quang Hoa.
Day 7: Quang Hoa Motorbike Tours – Mau Son. ~180 km, ~6 h.
Drive from Quang Hoa to Lang Son. Continue driving toward the border from Lang Son to Mau Son (35 km). Mau Son is 30 km away from Lang Son, 1.541m above sea level. Quite cool in the evening! Night in the guesthouse in Mau Son Hill Station.
Day 8: Mau Son Motorbike Tours – Hanoi. ~180 km, ~4 h.
Promenade around Mau Son in the morning. Ride down to Lang Son to have lunch. The road is asphalted all the way and it takes 3 and half hours to drive back to Hanoi.
When Motorcycle we stay in friendly hotel, guesthouse or homestays. Some are more basic than others! Bear in mind that some of the places we overnight in are not on the standard tourist trail.In larger cities and towns, our hotels are generally more western style and are three or four hotels or resort. Please do not expect the same standard as you would your home.
Homestay in the villages is simple interm of bedding condition and ementies. We will sleep on beds or floor with mattress, clean sheet, pillow and mosquito nets. Toilet is usually western style.
General rules for motorbike riding in Vietnam & Other country
It is claimed that riding motorbike in Vietnam & other country is not easy, especially for the inexperienced ones. However, it would be much easier for motorcyclists if they follow the rules and traffic laws of Vietnam & other country rigidly. To ensure that you have a safe motorcycle trip and lifetime experience in Vietnam, there are some regulations that you need to bear in mind:
- Helmet is a compulsory equipment for motorbike riding
- You should use the high-quality helmet which was certified by traffic safety management bureaus or helmets following international standards. If you use the cheap helmet, it could be dangerous in case of injuries and accidents.
- In Vietnam, we follow the right hand side rule of traffic
- Be confident and decisive when riding. Don’t freak out or be nervous.
- Ride carefully and control the speed in different circumstances.
- In Vietnam & other country, it is acceptable in using horn. Therefore, using it smartly because it could help you avoid undesirable cases. In some routes, there might be blind corners or crossroads, so it would be useful to utilize horn.
- Give ways to bigger vehicles such as trucks, cars, buses or cart-transporting vehicles. It can ensure your safety and one thing for sure, they would take up for big parts of road surface.
- Ride slowly when making a turn. It is important for you to push the light signals and sound so the left-behind vehicles are aware of your turn. However, you are advised to use your hand gesture and body language also because it would be more noticeable (waving hand when you want to turn left or right)
- Show your respect and friendliness to people on the roads. Avoid conflicts with others because you don’t know who you are facing with.
- Be friendly and chummy to other vehicle controllers when they greet you.
- Be polite with the police. Don’t show out your abnormal or strange and suspicious behaviors on the road and the police will get no attention on you.
- Drinking and riding should not be gone along.